Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

We said goodbye to 2008 and rang in 2009 surrounded by good friends. The party was lots of fun with food, wine and kids everywhere! At midnight we all drank champagne (the kids were allowed to have a half full tiny cordial glass, although most of them proclaimed it 'icky')and set off poppers in the front yard. The Divine Miss M 'Bubba' steals a drink of his sister's Coke The 'Desperate Housewives' of Brookside A crazy game of Pictionary--I think there was some cheating going on - you know who you are!!!! :) J and the twins came over and we had a blast with them. Look at that flirty smile! Mr. Wonderful is wrapped around someone's finger. After midnight everyone went home with a Party Favor bag containing a can of black eyed peas (it's a Southern thing...you eat them on New Years Day for good luck), a bottle of Tylenol and some candy. The girls all crashed in my living room at some point and are still there. Today will be spent cleaning up, taking down Christmas decorations and hanging out with the kids. I wish you all a prosperous, happy 2009 surrounded by good friends and family. And some travel. Salud!

4 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Looks like a good time! I think I'll wait one more day to clean up Christmas. Ugh. That's the only bad thing about the holidays! What goes up must come down!

couzin frank said...

Looked like a fun party. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Ann said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all!

Vee said...

Happy New Year, Jana! I know all about those black-eyed peas - but where are the collards? The seahorse earrings made my friend very happy yesterday.



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.