Sunday, January 4, 2009

Crazy Saturday Night

So, I found myself near midnight last night on the side of a highway, brandishing a 357 magnum. Seriously. A girlfriend of mine was traveling from San Antonio to Tulsa and strangely enough, her car broke down about 20 miles North of my house. So, A called and of course, I sped up the highway to save my little Damsel in Distress. When I got out to help her unload her car, she handed me a gun and some bullets. (For the record, it was not loaded and I was handed the bullets seperately which I stored ala Barney Fife in my car console). I couldn't help it, tho....I struck a bad ass Charlie's Angels pose by the side of the highway (when no cars were in sight). If I'd known, I would've worn high heels. We returned to my house where I medicated A with Red Velvet Cake and tequila and sent her to bed after she called her soon to be Ex husband and her 21 year old son to come get her and tow her car back to Tulsa. Now, I am rather proud of the fact that I coerced my Ex husband into having a vasectomy after our divorce (and if you know what a big freakin' baby he is, you'd really appreciate that). But A was on her way back from San Antonio from visiting her boyfriend and her sweet Exhusband STILL came to get her. I don't know whether to give him a medal or a trip to the psychiatrist. Anyhoo, they arrived around 4:00 AM and then they all left together around 10:30 this morning. I went back to making soup in a crockpot, being a PTA Mom and living my quiet (albiet fabulous) life of suburbia. Now that I've been exposed for the bad ass I truly am, I'm a little afraid that Dale is going to want me to go shopping with her in her unsavory neighborhoods. Can I wear high heels?

3 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

LMAO!!!!! By the way, I had my first taste of Red Velvet cake at Costco during the holidays. (Love those samples!) It was mighty tastey! And I think the ex deserves an award -- perhaps a gift certificate to the shrink. I'd say he's a keeper, but he's obviously not! LOL

Vee said...

And I thought you were living dangerously with your last post. I can't wait to see your feathered haircut - you're Farrah (sp?) for sure!

Sea Dream Studio said...

Oh, hell yeah! I need a friend that's packing heat! Let's go shopping!
Now that Christmas is over I am ready to start planning our "We Hate Winter" Fete. I can host this one (my turn). I'll have to chip the ice off the tiki bar and break out the flip flops (hmmm... pedicure??).
xo~d



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.