Sunday, January 18, 2009

Slag Glass

While we're on the subject of glass, I also have some pieces of Slag Glass that I really like. I got them in Arkansas and they are (I am told) leftovers of glass from factories that make glass products. I think they're really pretty and I display them in bookcases, on my mantle, etc. I imagine they would also make a great Ninja weapon in case of emergency. I found the above pic on the internet, and it looks very much like the little shop where I bought my pieces. It's kind of fun to pick out the size, shape and color that you want. They come in marble size up to boulder size. I googled 'Slag Glass' and it mostly came up with a different definition, more like Carnival Glass and showed pics of a lot of lamps with marble-y glass. So, I guess we'll just have to go with my definition above unless anyone else has something to add. Anyway, I guess I like glass that is usually considered trash in any form. Maybe when I get older, I'll start scouting recycling bins in my neighborhood. Hee hee.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Interesting post--I've never heard the term" slag glass"--thanks for the info!

Vee said...

I've never heard of slag glass, either. Interesting!

Sea Dream Studio said...

Very informative, Ms J!
I like that word slag... sounds a tad nasty!
;)

Will had fun with the harem today!

Life's a Beach! said...

Very cool post Jana! I'd never heard of slag glass. Recycling everyone's throwaways sounds like fun, but don't go dumpster diving! :)



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.