Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas, My Deer

Each year, my boss and I decorate another boss's deer head for the holidays. There have been many themes, this year was an Island Christmas. Seriously, you cannot have something like that in your office and expect me not to mess with it. I try, but resistance is futile. It does creep me out to touch it, though. Around the house, I have put up three trees. The big one in the living room with all of the assorted ornaments and pics of the kids in little frame ornaments. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care. A friend's significant other made the gorgeous wreath for me. This is my little Texas tree in the foyer, complete with red pepper lights and Texas/cowboy themed ornaments. In the niche, we have the Isla tree, with shells and a starfish at the top. Yesterday we opened gifts and watched 'Elf' and 'The Office' with my parents and my niece. Today we are having our big Christmas feast. The Roast Beast is in the oven, the table is beautifully set, and the relatives are on their way. I hope y'all are having a lovely Christmas weekend!

2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Very Merry Christmas Jana! I LUV your Christmas trees! And the Christmas deer -- LMAO!

Vee said...

What a lovely, festive home you have, Jana! All of your trees are wonderful. But that deer, well, oh dear...lol.



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.