Sunday, February 28, 2010

NYC (Part 3) - Rockefeller Center and St. Patrick's

This is me, enjoying coffee before heading out to a fun day of exploring Gotham City. It's my 'Literary Look', with glasses and sequin beret. I think I'll use it on my next book jacket. :) 30 Rock - Underground, there is a gigantic concourse of shops and restaurants. It's a self contained city. If you worked in the building, you wouldn't ever have to leave. Fast food, nice restaurants, drug stores, florists, a grocery, dry cleaners...all right there. Cool! Top of the Rock Observation Deck was fantastic! 70 stories up with a great view of the city. Roomy and comfy with a nice glassed in lounge area for relaxing, consulting your map, etc. I enjoyed the view and the observation area at Top of the Rock more than the Empire State Building, altho it has it's own wonderful iconic appeal. Even the ride up is fun! The super fast elevator has a clear ceiling, with a film playing on it, and neon green lights line the corridor up, so you watch a video and see the green lights whoosh by. Not in a million years!!! Just looking at this famous pic makes me dizzy. "Luncheon Atop a Skyscraper" was taken in 1932. Long before OSHA. Beautiful Art Deco detail at the top of 30 Rock The Empire State Building Central Park 70 stories high! Laura, Me, Pam and Belle St. Patrick's Cathedral is a Gothic marvel and an absolutely beautiful and serene stop in the middle of the busiest part of Manhattan. Building began in 1858 and it can accomodate 2200 people. the girls look like Alice in Wonderland next to these giant gold doors! Pam and Belle Oh, Honey...there's not enough time in the world... I just couldn't stop taking pics, hoping to capture the beauty and grandeur The Ice Rink at Rockefeller Center. Oh, it made me want to practice my Triple Axle, but I decided to just watch. The gold statue is Prometheus, bringing fire to mankind. Stay tuned! More to come...food, Chinatown, and "I'll have what she's having"!

5 comments:

cityboy said...

the 'top of the rock' is the best viewing deck in town. price is great and no hassle like they have at empire state building.
from the tease, id say you have some HUGE sandwich shots coming up.

Life's a Beach! said...

Love it all Jana! And I love the new glasses! I ordered some wild ones on Friday. Can't wait to get them!

Ann said...

Am enjoying the trip around NYC through your eyes. We live fairly close by ( 2hrs) but I don't go into the all that often! Maybe I should try for more excursions!

Vee said...

Another entertaining post. I also love your literary look, Jana. And your comment on confession was spot on, you funny girl!

Anonymous said...

I would love to use a picture of yours in a brochure. Can i purchase the rights to this photo?

"I just couldn't stop taking pics, hoping to capture the beauty and grandeur"

post back here if you're interested.

best,
Max - cgpartnersllc.com



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.