Friday, February 12, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow...okay stop already

Dallas broke a record today for snowfall. We had 12 1/2 inches of snow. Pretty amazing for Texas. I'm not really crazy about the snow, because I'm really not a winter person. Give me summer, give me a beach. But it really was pretty. School was out, but I had to work. Because I'm dedicated like that. Or because my boss told me to. :( After work I drove around and took pics of the local snowpeople. As always, kids can't go to school, but they can play outside in it all day. I remember going outside in it until my hands and feet were numb. We'd go inside and sit in front of a fire and Mom would put our wet cold clothes in the dryer and make us hot chocolate. Then, we'd do it all over again! Sledding at Shadow Mountain was the best. Gerald got to be on hot chocolate duty today and my ex husband even came over to play with the kids. Chloe and Marissa Chloe's Snowman, obviously the best The kids had a blast at the park down the street MavsMan Snowman Snow Beast - very cool! These two look like they're mad at each other The Dirty Duo Excellent use of a Happy New Year Tiara Pretty in Pink Super cute face decor Love the Hat Santa!!!!! I know him! Hopefully it will all be gone by the end of the weekend and Spring will come soon. My flip flops are mocking me as they sit, abandoned in my closet. Until then, I guess it's time to snuggle up and watch the winter Olympics.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might actually have more snow than they do for the Olympics.

Why I hate the snow is because it’s too cold, I have low profile sport wheels on my car so I don’t drive in it and it always seems to get iced over and cause even more problems in Portland. Last winter from almost two weeks before Christmas to when I left on the 26th for Isla I had only left my house when my daughter and her husband picked me up in their 4 wheel drive SUV. I can work remotely from home in situations like that.

Ann said...

Definitely having more snow than us! Up here in the NW corner of CTwe've missed out on most of the storms this season....a few days ago I think we got about an inch, but in SW CT they got 15 inches--crazy winter! But we've had brutally cold weather! Hope it's over soon!

jeanie said...

Great Snowfolks!!!! I don't think we've had enough snow for that all winter. Stay warm my friend!

Vee said...

Love all the snowpeople, especially the beast. We got only a couple of inches last night, thank goodness. I am also ready to chuck my boots and put on some sandals!

Life's a Beach! said...

Lovely to look at, but not good to drive in unless you have AWD. The last few years we lived in the Seattle area, I parked it when it snowed. My Bug couldn't clear the ruts!

Stay warm and fix some rice crispy bars to go with that hot chocolate! I bet Mr. Wunderful is mopping up all that tracked in snow as I write. (That's what I hated about snow days -- the mess!)

MD in Texas said...

Great pictures!

Christine and her crew made a huge snowman. They used tiki torches for the arms (I love my beach girl!)

Then they went to a nearby greenbelt and built an igloo - it was big enough for two 17 year old guys to fit in!! Fun day for them, but it needs to all melt NOW!



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.