Sunday, January 16, 2011

Isla- Sept 2010- And the rest...

And, this, mi amigo, is where the trip report goes LOCO! I got so incredibly lazy that my journal just went blank. Nothing. Nada. So, we do it with pictures!!!! We moved over to Media Luna and I decided to go for a walk into town to pick up provisions. Okay, to shop and get food. But first I collected some Sea Glass. Carpool at the school! Casa Luz Spa Casa Sirena Street Cool House New Turtle Sculpture A stop at Qubano to visit with Vivian, refresh with some of her delicious watermelon water and get some yummies to take back to Mr. Wonderful New Recycling Bins! Mmmm...A Vivian Salad and Hungarian Potatoes to go, eaten seaside. Lazy afternoon at the pool Okay, this is bizarre - (enlarge pics below by double clicking) This guy and his wife were taking pics of each other on the beach. And he had his swimsuit pulled down under his butt! His entire butt was hanging out! It was so weird. They'd go behind the rocks and take some pics, then back on the beach. All the while his butt hung out. They were at this for about an hour. Truly bizarre!!! Mr. Wonderful All festive for the El Grito (or just for my visit, perhaps!) Festive Decorations in the Zocala Fabulous dinner at Olivia with Steve, Tio Bobby, Brad and Tiffany. I failed to get a pic of Brad. I'll get a good one in a couple of weeks when I'm back, to make up for it!!! The food at Olivia is to die for, the atmosphere is superb. We were seated in one of the Pavillions. I had a hot flash. My dinner companions iced me down and all was well. Good times! My Isla Kitty View from our 'outdoor living room' at Media Luna Breaky Cute kitty sleeps under my lounge chair A morning of Sea Glass hunting Food from Qubano --- OH, BABY!! Cool Airstream at the carnival Me and mi amiga, Miss Luna. Yes, black cats follow me. Coincidence? I think not. Mr. Wonderful. Breathtaking. Spectacular Sunset as seen from our table at Ballyhoo. Breathtaking, too. Betsy, Me and Gail at Ballyhoo This is Gregorio, whom I adore. I apologize for the video being sideways, I've tried every way to fix it. (lesson learned) He sings a beautiful romantic song for us! We found this tiny Siamese kitten the night before we left. I notified Josephina the next day via email and she was able to trap her. She is growing, healthy and happy now living at Josephina's home and is available for adoption! Last Breakfast before boarding the evil ferry home. A & G's is always a great pick. Bacon, eggs, rice and beans for Mr. Wonderful Chicken Chilaquiles with Salsa Verde for me. Absolute heaven! Repairs being done to the walkway at Playa Media Luna add an extra degree of difficulty! Adios, Isla! I love you!!! So that's it, until next time! Thanks for reading! Mmmmwah!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. Love your pics as always. And how cool is that video of Gregorio, even sideways!

Life's a Beach! said...

Still laughing over the bizarre couple. Do you think they were taking photos of the full frontal? Or maybe there was an act performed behind the rock. Slap me, but she's not Carmen Electra and he's not a hunk of burnin' love? Scary thoughts! Great photos!

Vee said...

You never know what you'll see on Isla, do ya? That couple, I mean. More great photos!



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.