Sunday, July 25, 2010

Making Pesto!

The abundance of basil growing in the backyard was screaming to be made in to pesto, and well...the screaming got old, so I gave in. It was really easy and delicious. Step 1: Hire some migrant workers for the harvest (Toni and Pam happened to be here for the weekend) Step 2: Wash the leaves and put in a food processor 2 cups packed basil leaves 1 Tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp Splenda 1/4 c toasted pine nuts 1/3 cup Extra Virgin olive oil 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (yes real cheese, not the crap in the green can) heaping Tbsp of minced garlic (or 3 -4 cloves) dash of sea salt (to taste) Toast the pine nuts in a skillet over medium heat I know you're swooning over that pink measuring cup, circa 1986 Inspired by yesterday's pizza at Grimaldi's, I made Pasta with Pesto, Artichoke Hearts and Grilled Chicken. Yum! Chloe and Jordan helped and cleaned up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks delish!

Linda said...

Try substituting cilantro for basil! DOUBLE YUMMY!!! I don't even LIKE it with basil anymore!!!

Linda
Isla Chica
(finally got another gmail account & wrote down the password this time!)



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.