Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Big Adventure

Today I was almost in a car wreck, I was sprayed by oil from a World War II Army plane and I broke a heel. This is what happens when I leave my office and go on client visits! First visit was a Flight Museum. Cool place. Hangars full of Viet Nam and WW II era planes, old cars (even a Delorean -- I wanted to get in and get it up to 88, well of course I did). We got to watch as they started up a World War II era Army plane and took off. The CEO and some board members were going to Ft. Worth for a meeting. Yea...because we all get to go to meetings like that! It splattered oil all over my nice white blouse. Hopefully, it will wash out. This is the underside of the wing of a plane. So pretty!! This is the one they flew to a meeting! Next stop was an insurance company...and then wayyyy up North to a company that makes antimicrobial soil additives and fertilizers. We got to tour their lab. Kinda cool. On to Denton, where a woman in a big SUV decided to turn left in front of me. Thankfully, my car has a great braking system, and I ended up stopping about six inches short of slamming into her. We spotted an old Piggly Wiggly! It was an exciting day and guess what? Tomorrow I'm off to Grand Prairie, Ft. Worth and Grapevine. I wish I could go in an Army plane.

2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Jana, quit having fun at work! Hope the oil slick comes out of your white blouse! And the near miss? UGH! Was the big SUV yacking on a cellphone?

Vee said...

Wow - that's a pretty full day, Jana. Glad you have good brakes!



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.