Sunday, April 4, 2010

Long Eyelashes - almost free!

You've seen the ads for prescriptions eyelash serums and eyelash extensions. I just haven't had the inclination to go there. One day, right before Christmas, I was loitering at Macy's (waiting around to pick up Chloe from something) and I wandered over to the Benefit cosmetics counter. I needed something, I don't remember what. The Benefit girls must have been bored because they started trying cosmetics on me and the discussion turned to mascara. "I like waterproof mascara because I don't end up with raccoon eyes", I said. (What I didn't add was that I use the cheap stuff, Maybellene-gasp) The Benefit girls then informed me that waterproof mascara ruins your eyelashes, makes them brittle and they break off and, one of them added "If you stop using it and use regular mascara for a few months, I guarantee you that your lashes will be much, much longer". Well, guess what?? It worked. I also rub a tiny amount of moisturizer into them at night along with moisturizing my face. Check it out: (yes I have on mascara here, but they are much longer. Should've done a before pic)

4 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

I'll be damned! Seriously! I guess I need to switch, but I still have to wear the waterproof here in the summer because I'm in and out of the pool a lot.

Anonymous said...

I use a combination of Lash Blast Volume by Covergirl and the ever faithful Great Lash in the pink and green tube by Maybelline.I use an Aveeda oil to remove my mascara and also use their eye cream. I'm not about to put some chemical on my eyelashes to make them grow. Sounds scary. My dentist office has a note on my chart that I can't wear their glasses because my eyelashes get schmushed.And a cotton roll on the bridge ofthe nose just rolls off.

Vee said...

Who knew? Thanks for the tip, Jana. I have to be careful which mascara I use b/c I wear contacts. I'll pay attention to whether the product is waterproof from now on!

Laura said...

they are lovely! I have a couple friends who are using that stuff to make their lashes longer. I don't use waterproof, I just curl mine when at the beach or pool.



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.