Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sheryl Crow & Me

OMG - I've gone green!!! I know, I know...how could that be? Don't be alarmed, it's just a little green tint. Yesterday I purchased reusable shopping bags at Whole Foods. They are awesome - designed by Sheryl Crow - they are very large and have handles at the top, like a big paper grocery bag. AND only 99 cents each!!!
I have been trying to find ways to help the environment and this seemed like a no brainer, so I am one of 'those' people now, as my son, the grocery store bag boy, says.
The droning on of 'Going Green' by celebrities really does get on my nerves, tho. (Sorry Sheryl). If I owned ten cars then one of them would be a hybrid, too. Hey,Jennifer Aniston! You're so worried about the environment, yet that designer dress you're wearing could feed an entire African village for a year! (Ok...the dress wouldn't necessarily DO the feeding, you know what I'm saying!)
I have also bought a reusable water bottle from which I drink (free) filtered tap water, instead of bottled water. 37 billion empty water bottles ended up in landfills last year - yikes.
I'm not trying to be all 'greener than thou'. Those of you who know me can rest assured that I'm still more Blahnik than Berkenstock and Al Gore just gets on my nerves. Just a few easy changes. Something to think about.

4 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Moonie, we referred to Whole Foods as Whole Paycheck back in Seattle! Ha! But it was a cool store. We've cut out most bottled water too. Most of it's bottled filtered tap water anyway, so just fill the bottle with your own! I thought for a minute when I saw your post title that you might be going on tour with Sheryl! :)

Moongrl722 said...

Oh, yeah...that, too!!!

I know what you mean about Whole Paycheck! That's why I was excited that the bags were 99 cents each. :)

Vee said...

Moongirl, I go to Whole Foods about once a week for the salad bar lunch. I bought one of the Sheryl Crow bags today, and I received some sort of "bag credit," so it was almost free, lol.
There was a sign in the cart pick-up area advertising them, which I'd have never paid attention to it except for your post. So thanks for spreading the green!

Sea Dream Studio said...

Mojitos are green!
Kate got us some reuseable sacks from Market Street and thet are pink for Breast Cancer month. Cool and chic!



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.