Saturday, October 18, 2008

Bake Sale!!

Today we had a Bake Sale to benefit our Mexico student's college fund. The kids got involved and it was a lot of fun. We stayed up late last night baking, frosting, dipping things in caramel and making signs. This morning, we joined forces with our next door neighbors, who were having a garage sale to raise funds for their daughter's High School Band trip to Hawaii (cool!!!!). It was a crisp fall morning, not a cloud in the sky.

The kids were an excellent marketing team, waving signs and attracting huge crowds of hungry people who also wanted to purchase inexpensive gently used clothing!

Some of the goods: M worked the floor and charmed the crowd with his handsome devil-may-care smile. W was a lot of help, manning the Bake Sale table And modeling some of the fashions This nice lady paid us more than we were charging because it was for a good cause. A couple of other people did that too, which I thought was really nice. My ex husband paid $5 for a bag of four cookies. I guess he misses my cooking. ha ha

My friend's daughter dropped by on her way home from taking the PSAT test.
T is sweet selling sweets! C and M work it!
Miss "I'm Going to Hawaii" counts her money.
The Marketing Team eats the leftovers All in all, we raised over $100 and had a great time! Our neighbors are the best and one of my coworkers dropped by, too, and bought some sweets. The kids really enjoyed being involved and now we're all sugared up and happy.

3 comments:

Ann said...

What a great way to get the whole family involved in raising funds for your student!

Sea Dream Studio said...

You guys rock! Sorry I wasn't able to help out.
hugs~dale

Life's a Beach! said...

Fabulous Jana! Love the blog! And congrats on the bake sale.



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.