Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Fabulous Adventure

Want some good reading? Check out my friend, Margaret's blog. http://www.flitflitter.com/ In her own words:
This blog is a collection of stories from my life as a nomad, flit flitting all over the world. For the past six years, I have been changing locations every two years. There’s no magic to that number; it’s just when I typically get the urge to pick up and see & do something new. Newspaper reporter in Virginia. English language teacher in Spain. Hotel manager in Mexico. I didn’t really start documenting any of it till my last stop in Mexico, though, which you can read about here, in the Notes series. Now I am back in the country and more on the move than ever as I try to visit as many Facebook friends as I can in a year, traveling throughout the U.S and Canada in my 1977 Toyota camper, Roxanne, with my dog, Rennie. It’s called The Facebook Project but that’s probably just a temporary name, and it started Aug. 16, 2010. If all goes well, it will end Aug. 16, 2011, and you will be able to follow my progress through my posts. If you want more background on the planning that preceded the actual journey, you might read Notes No. 65 and No. 76, as well as these pre-trip posts. I am hoping that by the end of it all, I have a more focused idea for a book but until then, I am just writing about my adventures as they happen and without much analysis. Feel free to comment as I go. Maybe together we can come up with a theme.
I find this experiment fascinating and enjoy 'going along' with Margaret to visit many out of the way places in her travels. She's witty, fun and an excellent writer and I think you'll enjoy her blog. I look forward to seeing Margaret when she travels through Texas! Rock on, Margaret! We miss you when we're on Isla!

2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Jana, I don't personally know Margaret, but I recognize her from Isla. In fact, I think she was sitting at a table by me at La Lomita with a group of people on my last trip. I'm bookmarking her blog!

Ann said...

I went over to look at the blog & the 1st entries I looked at were the ones in Maine & Nova Scotia...I've been to the blueberry place! It's in the town where our nephew lives! I bookmarked it also!



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.