Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall - Don't be sucked in. It's only a gateway to Winter

I used to really like Fall when I was a kid. The smell of new spirals, Halloween, crisp air and a new school year full of new possibilities (the possibility of new cute boys in my class?) Mind you, I said 'like', not 'love'. The main problem with Fall is that it is followed closely by winter. If you look up 'Fall' in the dictionary, you will see these definitions, among others: 'To become lower in degree or level' 'To drop down wounded or dead' These things are not good. The longer I am here on earth, the more I love summer and warmth rather than winter. The only good things about Winter, as far as I'm concerned are as follows: 1) Boots 2) Christmas (annual 'Bitchmas' party included) 3) GIRL TRIP 4) Romantic fireside picnics in the living room 5) My slow cooker Really...that's all I can think of. Thankfully, I live in an area that sees warm weather until Thanksgiving, so my suffering is not long. But, I am always sad to see the Fall decorations and pumpkins out at the store because that means the official end of Summer. And I am most definitely a Summer Girl.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was only 60 degrees here yesterday and damp. Brrrh!

Ann said...

We have had strange weather lately--Noew that it's fall here we're having summer temps! But that's New England! But I think I would miss the change of seasons if I wasn't here ( could be away during the REAL cold months though)

Sea Dream Studio said...

Oh, hellz yezz my mermaid sister! Orange is a gaudy color! Fall is winter's bitch! I hate it!
But I ♥ u!

Life's a Beach! said...

Fall to me as a kid in Kansas always meant trick or treating, candy corn, sitting at football games freezing my ass off, my birthday, going to Kansas City for Thanksgiving at my aunt's, etc.... Once Christmas was over, the rest of the winter was depressing. Down here in Arizona, I enjoy winter! It's the only time when I don't need my own personal fan.



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.