Monday, June 28, 2010

Shaved Asparagus Salad

This is a light and delicious alternative to a green salad. Very healthy and it makes me happy. Not quite as happy as all of that bacon I ate when I was in Vegas (What was up with that, anyway? I came back from Vegas a bacon addict. Did anyone else notice this??), but pretty darn happy. Wash a bunch of asparagus and snap off the tough ends. Lay each piece down on a cutting board and shave into thin strips, using a vegetable peeler. This is the hardest part. Toss with a little Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Sea Salt and Pepper (a small amount of freshly grated or shaved romano or parmesan cheese would be good, too). Viola! You can also use shaved asparagus as an ingredient in a green salad or top a pizza with it for a healthy addition. It might even be good with bacon.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything is good with bacon!

Ann said...

Ditto what jackie sai! We eat alot of asparagus, thanks for another way to serve it!

jeanie said...

Thanks Moonie I will defiately make this. Asparagus is my favorite veg.

Vee said...

Jana, that sounds good. I also love asparagus. As for bacon, please check out this blog:
http://prettyswellblog.com

Suzanne is a coworker of mine, a writer who was chair of the fiesta Christmas party at work last year. She entered a writing contest and was selected to blog from the state fair last fall, and her reports on chocolate-covered bacon are great. She often mentions bacon in her posts. You'll find a kindred spirit!



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.