Sunday, February 1, 2009

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Lip Gloss, But Were Afraid to Ask

To what can I compare my love of lip gloss? Pooh and honey, Courtney Love and booze, my friend Dale and glitter? At all times I have no less than eight different kinds of lip gloss in my purse (seriously) and I admit that I am an addict, I mean expert. Here is a peek at what is stashed in my purse right now: 1) Calvin Klein Gloss - nice colors (I have the red color), a touch of sparkle and pretty sticky. The only thing I don't like is the cherry candy smell/taste. Available at Sephora for about $13. I won't buy this one again. SCORE: 3 OUT OF 5 SMOOCHES 2) Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine. Fabulously yummy and a good price. All natural minty smell/taste and not too sticky. Moisturizing and comes in clear gloss or colors. The colors tend to look like blood to me, so I'd say stick with the clear. Available at Bath and Body Works for about $6. SCORE: 4 OUT 5 SMOOCHES (the product squishes out a little of the tube when you put the cap on, hence the bloody look of the colors) 3) Wet n Wild Jumbo Juicy - A staple. I have these stashed around my house in all different flavors. I like raspberry and orange best. Reminiscent of the giant Bonne Belle Lip Smackers that I carried around everywhere I went in Jr. High School that kept my cheerleader smile glossy, these are the bomb! The perfect combination of extreme moisture and some clear gloss and cheap cheap cheap. Available at Walgreens drugstore for about $3. SCORE: 4 out of 5 SMOOCHES (lost one SMOOCH due to no color or shimmer) 4) Origins Shimmer Gloss - My true love. A minty flavor/scent, moisture, pretty colors and a hint of shimmer! Be still my heart. These come in gorgeous colors from a dark mauve for winter to a light pinky coral for summer and yes, I have several! Available at Origins www.origins.com for about $13 Worth every penny. SCORE: 5 OUT OF 5 SMOOCHES 5) Jane Iredale Sugar and Butter. Oh, Honey, these are some POSH LIPS! I was cajoled into buying this at my fancy schmancy salon after being hypnotized by a two hour ultimate pedicure. I was like Patty Hearst and would have done anything at this point. One side is a lip exfoliater made from brown sugar, so you exfoliate and then LICK IT OFF YOUR LIPS (it's a snack, too)!!! The other side is a lip balm/plumper with mint and ginger that makes your lips tingle. The balm is a faint peachy color and you can put lipstick over it. Available at my Foo Foo Salon for $24 or I'm sure you can google it and buy it online. I hate to say it, but it's worth it if you want to really pamper your lips. SCORE : 5 OUT OF 5 SMOOCHES

2 comments:

Vee said...

A girlie girl post gets points from me. Please talk about eyes next.

Life's a Beach! said...

I think I'll run right over to Walgreen's for the $3 variety! It's so dang dry here right now that I'm constantly searching for Craig's chapstick at night! For daytime wear, I'm at the age now when only warpaint will do!!! :)



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.