Monday, January 3, 2011

Asian Lettuce Wraps

I didn't take a pic of these because I didn't know they'd turn out so good, so I admit that I stole the pic above. Deal with it. These were really, really good and pretty low carb. No, I'm not turning into some Atkins zombie, but I have significantly cut down on bad carbs. Translation: The December Sugar Plum Fairy Fest is over. My pants are thanking me. ASIAN LETTUCE WRAPS (This fed two of us for dinner and I had enough left over for a snack the next day) Head of Boston or Bibb lettuce (leaves carefully separated to keep intact, washed and patted dry) 1 lb lean ground beef 1 bunch of green onions 1 t minced garlic 1 t Ginger (recipe I looked at called for pickled, but I just used powdered) 1 can of water chestnuts 6-8 baby carrots (you can add more if you wanna 'veg it up') 4 T Rice Vinegar Soy Sauce Hoisen Sauce (recipe I looked at called for Hoisen, but I used Sechuan Stir Fry sauce because I had some) Chop green onions, water chestnuts and baby carrots. Dice the carrots small or matchstick size. Set aside. Brown ground beef with garlic and drain. Add the chopped veggies and the rest of the ingredients. Add Soy Sauce and Hoisen/whatever sauce to taste. Continue cooking until onions are partially cooked. Wrap the meat up in the lettuce leaves like a burrito and enjoy!

1 comment:

Life's a Beach! said...

Yum Jana! I'd never had lettuce wraps from P.F. Chang's until I was in Chicago. These sound a lot like those. Must try!!!



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.