Friday, December 31, 2010

January....Yuck!

January is my least favorite month. 1) It's cold I am not a 'Winter' person, which is why I live in Texas. I don't like snow unless it melts away quickly and I don't have to drive in it. I have been skiing, but I'd much rather go to the beach and I think that Ice Fishing and things like that are insane. I don't like winter clothes, as too many layers and socks make me claustrophobic. I just want to stay in bed and stay warm. Which bring me to... 2) Sleepy Maybe I'm just worn out from the holidays or maybe I just need to hibernate, but I just want to sleep all the time! This, actually is a bonus because it makes the month go by more quickly and I can't eat while I'm asleep. 3) Hungry Yep, it's time to drop a few pounds. I didn't gain anything over the holidays, which is a blessing, but I didn't lose anything over the summer like I usually do because I was writing a cookbook and those two things just do not go together. So, I am laying in bed curled up with a celery stick and in a foul mood. 4) W2s- I have a LOT of those to get out. I get tired of people calling me about them. Stop the madness or I will beat you senseless with a celery stick. Now, the big question -- since I'm not normally this bitchy and don't really like myself when I am (and don't want to drive away Mr. Wonderful) -- What am I going to do about it???? 1) I am going to come up with some tasty low cal recipes and post them on my blog. 2) I am going to make jewelry and shrines. 3) I am going to look forward to vacation and to Spring. A medically induced coma really sounds like the best plan except I don't have that many vacation days. Any other suggestions are deeply appreciated.

4 comments:

Sea Dream Studio said...

And you need to play with me!! We can have a glitter fest! I ♥ you and I HATE January!!

Life's a Beach! said...

Winter sucks! It's colder than the proverbial witch's tit right now in Phoenix and I hate bundling up in 3 layers to take the dog for a walk. If you get the winter blues like I do, get some Sam E and take it. I started it in the fall because I saw it at Sam's Club and I wanted to see if something more natural would work to control my depression. It's working! And the weight thing -- ugh! La Gordita here feels your pain!

Ann said...

I feel your pain.....About the weight gain...since I stopped working I've cooking more & baking more , of course, eating more, but not moving more!

Doug (aka Doogan) said...

Look forward to seeing your cookbook. Tix&chix must rate as diet food, it most certainly is soul food.
I have enjoyed visiting Isla through your trip.It has been two years since I last sat under a palm and enjoyed a DosXX.
I have to agree with your take on winter. Right now I feel like a salmon.(freezer burnt)



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.