Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Delusions of Sugar Plums Dance in My Head

I'm uncertain what it is about this time of year, but I always get delusional somewhere shortly after Thanksgiving. Maybe it's the beautiful Christmas displays in shop windows, maybe it's an overload of sugar lingering in my veins from the Pumpkin pie or maybe it's simply the arrival of cold weather that has frozen my brain. Whatever it is, it settles on me like an overnight dusting of Texas snow...it's CHRISTMAS DELUSION SYNDROME. I imagine myself about a week prior to the Christmas holiday, lounging on the couch in my black silk robe, sipping a cup of Kahlua spiked hot chocolate and admiring the festive surroundings of my holiday decorated (and clean) home while Christmas Carols play softly on the surround sound system. A fire is ablaze in the fireplace, the gifts are not only wrapped and under the tree, but properly tagged and within my set budget. I am leisurely leafing through a cookbook, deciding on what to lovingly create for the holiday meal. And even as I write this, I know it's insane. Oh, trust me...I know. But let me have my delusional perfection (did I mention that I look extremely thin and young as I am lounging on that couch?) because that dream? Probably not going to happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love dreams! If only we didn't have to wake up. ;) Good luck on accomplishing all the holiday tasks that lay ahead.



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.