Sunday, December 26, 2010

Isla~September 2010: Soothing the Soul at Sirena

Another glorious morning (of sleeping in - sunrise photos courtesy of Mr. Wonderful) and my favorite Casa Sirena breakfast (drum roll, please) Huevos Divorciados. Yep, divorced eggs. Deee-licious. After breakfast we wandered around the island and over to Posada del Mar to hang out with Tim and Vee at the pool. We had a wonderful and relaxing time and laughed at a couple of little kids, especially one little exhibitionist who was all of maybe three years old. New sculpture of La Triguena at the Malecon. I love it!!! Yummiest Catch We found Big Jim at Sancocho's (surprise) on the way back home and enjoyed his company and a beer. Chili Loco had recently closed up and they were selling off the plates and glassware. A sad sight. Sleepy Princess must wake up to go to Happy Hour Back at Casa Sirena we succumbed to a nap and then we were ready for another fun Happy Hour with Tim and Vee, Zina, Tio Bobby, Josh and Emily and of course our host with the most, Mr. Steve Broin. Anniversary gift from Steve Gerald and I had a very late supper at Ballyhoo, which is one of my favorite places to eat on the island. I had their incredible Fish Tacos and OH the green sauce and the tamarind sauce. Gerald wisely chose the Fish and Chips. Out of this world. It was a very quiet and relaxing dinner and we listened to Fleetwood Mac and the sound of the ocean, then wandered back to Casa Sirena and off to Dreamland. Another lazy and fantastic day! Let me take a moment here to count the ways I love Casa Sirena. Not only is it beautiful, conveniently located, and fabulously comfortable, it is also an amazing value - breakfast and happy hour are included! The breakfasts are HUGE and absolutely delicious and you don't even need lunch (just a little snacky). The sunset roof top happy hours are so much fun and we've met so many interesting people there. The name 'Sunset for the Funset' truly applies. The attention to detail is astounding. Comfy robes, handmade soaps, sanitizing gel, candles, and a moist cool washcloth upon arrival will spoil you. Services such as golf cart delivery, laundry service and massage services are available and can be arranged for you. You will want for nothing, as rooms include hair dryers, iron and ironing board, beach towels and a mini frig. All of this...and Steve, too! Steve is the perfect host and a good friend and you will be forever grateful that you have chosen to stay at his home. http://www.sirena.com.mx/ And, in case you're wondering...this trip report DOESN'T GET ANY MORE EXCITING THAN THIS!! This was the most lazy, relaxing, spoiled vacation of my life and I enjoyed every minute of it. I was recharging and doing exactly as I pleased, which was pretty much nothing. Steve!

2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Never been inside Casa Sirena, but it looks beautiful. Craig and I just aren't fun enough! LOL! Great post Jana!

Moongrl722 said...

You and Craig rate pretty damn high on my fun-o-meter!!!



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.