Monday, December 1, 2008

Random Rant - Fake Dairy Products

I have this 'thing' about fake dairy products. I fear them. I mean, seriously...what is in Cool Whip, Coffee Creamer and Margarine? It's hydrogenated things and chemicals, that's what. Gross! And unless you're lactose intolerant, why wouldn't you rather have real milk, butter, or whipped cream? It's not more expensive or difficult to find. It reminds me of the "Mock Apple Pie" made with Ritz crackers that I've seen on the Ritz cracker box. This just blows my mind. Sure, maybe this was invented during the war, when apples were scarce (or all apples were off at war, fighting for our country)? I don't know, but why in the world would you eat a pie made out of crackers instead of apples? I say, support cows and eat real dairy products. It's got to be more healthy for you. I saw an experiment online that showed a bowl of Cool Whip left out on the counter and for 12 days it didn't change in appearance, but hardened up. Why do people eat this stuff? Why, why, why????

7 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

LOL! Craig's aunt used to make the mock apple pie with Ritz crackers. I can't remember if I tasted it or not. But she didn't live all that far from an apple orchard, so God knows why she didn't use apples! I'd actually never thought much about Cool Whip, but I do like the stuff that squirts out of the can!

Ann said...

Unfortunately, many people go fopr the "quick Fix". I'm amazed at some of things you can find at the grocery store fully prepared or cut up that would only take you 5 minutes to do yourself!

Vee said...

Hemorrhoid cream - yum! Funny post. I'd forgotten about that mock apple pie. I think I've tasted it before, but don't remember when or where.

Moongrl722 said...

Vee, you've probably blocked it. And it's probably better that way.

Sea Dream Studio said...

It tastes good and I'm lazy. How's that?
Can you conme dowm and school me on making my own. I am scared of the kitchen, but with you by my side... well, I'll TRY!
xo

Sea Dream Studio said...

And look at how all that bad shit has effected my spelling abilities (see previous comment). I am will to repent!

Sea Dream Studio said...

willing... I meant willing...
oh, nevermind...



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.