Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Turkey, Dressing and a Large Scoop of Perspective

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'll be baking pumpkin and chocolate/pecan pies and anxiously awaiting the arrival of my family. I feel extremely blessed to have my health, the most wonderful husband in the world, great kids, my job, true friends...the list goes on and on. I feel especially grateful this year. One of my dearest and oldest friends lost two of her brothers in law this past summer. Strangely, they died exactly a month apart from each other. One was only 32 and the other 47. Each left behind a wife and three children. The holiday season is going to be difficult for their entire family. They have been through so much. So, this year I am simply thankful to be with my family and to wake up every morning next to my warm, sweet husband. I don't know what I would do without him. He is my knight in shining armor. I am thrilled to kiss my children (who seem to be growing up way too quickly!) and welcome my parents and my brother and his family to my home. Carve the turkey, pour the wine and be thankful....truly, deeply thankful.

2 comments:

Vee said...

Jana, I feel equally grateful this year. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday. It's good to be happy.

Life's a Beach! said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jana! Have a wonderful day!



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.