Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Best Friend ~ Country Style!

My friend, Dale, and I have so much fun together. We are both 'artsy' and like to create things and we've even done a couple of ill fated art shows together. (It wasn't OUR fault that it rained/the temperature dropped 50 degrees/people didn't 'get' our art). We hang out at the pool in the summer and pretend to be on a tropical isle. We go to Watter's Creek and shop, drink and dine while scattering glitter throughout. We get together with our families and have Saturday night dinners. We laugh a lot. One of the weirdest things we do is talk 'country style'. You know, like hillbillies (which comes frighteningly natural to us both). She and her daughter and her sister started it and for some reason it really amuses us. So, you can imagine how excited I was last weekend when Dale presented me with the 'Best Country Style Friend' award. I should have had an acceptance speech ready, oh, I know I should've. But all I could do is laugh. And drink more moonshine. Love you, Dale (Country Style)!!!!!

4 comments:

Sea Dream Studio said...

I feel famous, being on yer blog and all that! I'm glad you like yer chicken trophy! You deserve it!! I heart yew~ country style!! ♥

Ann said...

LOL!

Vee said...

A chicken - love it!

Life's a Beach! said...

Love your chicken award! My best friend is an Okie. We don't have our own language, but we slip back into that Southeast Kansas twang when we're together! Craig says people from SEK are inbred, so I guess we're real country! : )



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.