Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do?

They say that breaking up is hard to do. I disagree. Don't worry!!! I'm not talking about Mr. Wonderful! I'm talking about my acrylic nails. I was tired of them and I dumped them. 'Jana...why?', you ask. 'Don't you want to look well groomed and polished and well...isn't it the law in Texas, along with big hair?' Well, yes and no. Let me explain. I found someone new (or something). That better fits my needs. It's a nail polish that is like gel nails. There is no dremmel tool or filing of your natural nails at all. It's just brushed on in coats, like regular polish, but in between coats your hands go into the little blue light box that sets the gel. What you get is a very tough, durable coat of polish on your natural nails that won't chip. It has to be redone every 2-3 weeks (I'm betting I can go 3) and the nail salon has to use some sort of special remover to take it off, but there's no committment, no drilling. YAY!!!! My old nail salon didn't offer this, so I switched salons and I'm very happy. My nails look fabulous! And they are strong. Even after removing the acrylic nails, which you probably know, leaves your nails paper thin, my nails feel stronger than normal people's nails. And the cost is about the same as it is for acrylics. AND you actually get the nice relaxing manicure, with massage and all instead of the drill! It comes in all different colors - naturals, reds, pinks, darks...it's OPI! Here's a link for further research: http://www.opi.com/ choose 'hands/feet' on the tabs and drop down to 'Axxium' ** UPDATE: One week later, my nails still look fabulous! (And I've been making jewelry and painting shrines!) They haven't chipped or broken and I'm going to have to file them off a little because they are getting too long!!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Looks GREAT! And yes, it must be MUCH better for your nails.

Linda
Isla Chica



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.