Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Coconut Oil

I'm not going to tell you that coconut oil is going to cure everything that's wrong with you, but there are a few great uses for coconut oil that I have found to be easy and beneficial and thought that I would share.

1) Deep conditioner for your hair -- melt a few tablespoons of coconut oil in the microwave and comb it through dry hair. Pull your hair up in a clip and let it sit for an hour. Go ahead and slather a thin layer of oil on your face, too. Take a shower, and shampoo (twice, for good measure) and condition as normal. Much less expensive than commercial conditioner, too. Saturday morning at the coconut spa.

2) Make up remover. It's natural and very moisturizing.

3) In place of oil for making popcorn. That's right...I know this is going to totally blow your mind, but I make popcorn on the stove. The old fashioned way. Microwave popcorn tastes horrible and chemical to me. Try it. You'll never go back.

4) In place of oils when baking. It's supposed to be healthier. Can't hurt.


Please share any uses of coconut oil that you have found!


3 comments:

Ann said...

Trader Joe's carries coconut oil spray ( like Pam) that's great! I use it in baking & have started collecting recipes on Pinterest in a board.

jeanie said...

Cindy Parker posted on Facebook today that she has been using it for oil pulling and having great results.

Blog said...

Coconut oil items
Good quality products at affordable prices. Try it out.
พิณนารา Brand :
Pinnara Coconut oil Serum and Pinnara Jasmine Rice Facial Mask



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.