Sunday, March 27, 2011

Girl Trip 2011- Isla Mujeres Part 4- Livin' the Dream

I woke up to another deleriously beautful, sun filled day and headed downstairs to hang out and have some coffee. Breakfast in the garden was a treat- coffee, delicious fruit and bread with butter brought to us by Evaristo. Doesn't get much better than that! Lolo was headed over to Cancun to do some shopping, so we headed over to happily lounge the day away at Playa Norte. This is the gigantic new palapa at Buhos. Where there used to be two bars, now there is only one. The eastern bar is gone and is now a hammock area. Some Mayan ladies brought by their beaded keychains. So intricate and colorful. I bought a parrot for my friend, Dale. Evaristo showed up and joined us at the Buho's swing bar for a drink (Yep..vacation. Drinks mid morning. Likey) We struck up a conversation with two couples at the bar and it turned out they had reservations at Lolo's for dinner that night! Fun coincidence. "See ya there!" We had lunch reservations at Qubano, for the Friday Special. Mmmm! Cuban chicken and rice with fried plantains! Good home cookin'. (Wow, I'm making myself hungry) Then...back to the beach to hang out. Life is definitely good and we took a moment to laugh at...I mean feel sorry for all of our friends back home who were snowed in. This little angel was playing nearby us and I couldn't help but snap a pic of her. Look at those blonde curls! Nothing to do but read, nap, lounge, talk, swim and enjoy a gorgeous, sun filled afternoon. This is heaven for me. Angela and Laura View from my lounger The beach in front of Na Balam has come back! Hurray! This guy has a tiny baby in a wrap laying on his belly Pam models some lovely little shoes that she found underneath our lounger I'm not at all sure what was going on here. The guy kneeling down was doing something to his partner's legs. If anyone has any ideas, please offer them up. The sun started to leave the beach, so we did, too, and returned to Lolo's just in time to get ready for dinner. Steve joined us, as did Brad and Tiffany and the two couples that we had met on the beach. There were several other people there, too - a really fun crowd. Steve had many bottles of chilled champagne and luckily, he sat by me. We stopped to feed 'Christine's kitty' on the road to Ixchel before heading back from the beach. She is a sweet little thing. Lover's Salad - shaved carrot and conch. Delicious! Gnocchi in a cheesy sauce. Comfort food heaven! Absolute Princess Valerio fell asleep and Lolo carried him to bed. He is such a precious little boy - we are all in love with him. Steve strikes a sexy pose and opens up another bottle of bubbly Steve's entree - Shepherd's pie. I had Seafood Cassoulet and it was fantastic. Yummy course - I think this was first. :) Lolo was diggin' Pam's Pirate Princess Tiara Dessert is both a work of art and an adventure in tastes. Everything was delicious and I love, love, love having several small desserts. It's really difficult to imagine a more relaxing day than this. Friends, beach, food, fun, champagne. Livin' the dream! Oh...and we get to do more of it tomorrow...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I had to enlarge the pic of the man with the baby to make sure he had swim trunks on.
2. The man is getting a sand loofa scrub on his legs.
3. Love LoLo's!

Nancy said...

I'm so jealous of the fun you have! We only get to go once a year and then try to cram lots of things into the trip. I love the picture of the kitchen with all the veggies.

couzin frank said...

I thought this was a girls trip only....What were Gerald and I doing up here freezing our $%& off
while you are there playing.....:) Enjoyed Thanks!

Life's a Beach! said...

Love it! I just finished booking our flights for June and also an award ticket for a month in Nov/Dec. I'm excited! Now I just need to find lodging.

isladeb said...

Great pictures and comments. Makes me feel like I was there.

Giuseppe Patrizio said...

Nice pictures..i want to go to



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.