Thursday, October 23, 2008

Disappearing Hoodie Syndrome

Today was the first cool day in Texas and just like every year...the hoodies have magically disappeared. Poor lost hoodies. Discarded by my child on a warm Spring day, never to be found again. Maybe I'll peruse the Lost and Found at school and see what I can come up with.
The phenomenon of 'Disappearing Hoodie Syndrome' reminds me of 'Spring Jean Disease'. By Spring, the kids will have worn huge, gaping holes in the knees of all of their jeans, but if I buy new ones, they only wear them for a couple of weeks until it gets warm and they switch to shorts. Then come Fall, the jeans are three inches too short because those dang kids keep growing!
So, I make them wear the super holey jeans to school and send a note in to the teacher to let her know that no, I haven't lost my job and she doesn't need to take up a collection for our family to get new clothes. On second thought....I could stash that money away and use it in the Fall to buy new hoodies!

2 comments:

couzin frank said...

Enjoying your blog. I wear my Isla
"hoodie" everywhere this time of year.

Vee said...

The hoodies disappear into another dimension, where they regularly and randomly abduct socks from the dryer.

Enjoying your blog!



My Jewelry on Etsy

My Blog

Some of these entries are vintage travel reports and have been restored from a lost blog. I hope you enjoy them.